Friday, June 24, 2011

FROM A DISTANCE......

  


The smile as a sapphire shining so pure
The smile spreading a chimerical enigma
The smile inducing that euphoric high
The smile enveloping me like a charisma
A need to elude, a need to delude,
A need to include, a need to exclude
So I step back, stare and feel from distance
I try and consume, clinging to my perseverance

The anguish as piercing as a sharp spear
The anguish blazing with magical persistence
The anguish of a keen query ignored
The anguish of a curious child’s insistence
A need to bear the brunt, a need to quench the sting
A need to stay oblivion, a need to ease the suffering
So I step back, stare and accept from distance
I try and consume, clinging to my perseverance

A tear, engulfing the entire meaning of evanescent
A tear, pertinent to feelings, illustrating the vexation
A tear, like a crystal drop, a gem to be treasured
A tear, evading my worth, shoving me to dissipation
A need to steal that tear, a need to stand disdain
A need to rob those pearls, a need to ignore pain
I heed, so I step back, stare and reach out from distance
I try and consume, clinging to my perseverance

A question, often asked, often ignored
A question, scarring hearts forever more
A question like an opportunity I never try
A question I brush off and let it go by
A question like a fragile element of time
A question so brutal yet so sublime
A need to answer me, myself, a need to fend
A need to act ignorant and bury head in sand
I confused, stay back, and hold them all with reverence
I stagger, I fumble, but I try and stick to my perseverance


No comments: