Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Conniving dices

 



 Stuck amidst an enchanting game
Every move casting a perfect frame
Entangled in the parody of gushing pain
I persistently start with the game, yet again
Few more dices thrown
Two steps turned aside
And so I stand on this block
Isolation and frozen silence
I can only blame my insanity
To let slip the thoughts untamed
Only if I could have blocked the air
Only if I could curb the restless stirring
Only if the lips were frozen numb to utter a word
Only if I wasn’t destined to burn in my own pyre
This constant confusion, this face-off with faults
Could it be that I am inveterate anomic?
Could it be that I am habituated
Could it be that I love to fight a battle, already lost
Words have lost their voice
Silence is turning too loud
I tried to be immaculate in this game
Yet I hit the zero again…

Sitting, staring blank at these conniving dices
Reluctant to pursue this game
Stop me, just stop me from moving ahead
But the game goes on…
I am being nudged, to throw the dice again
There I go..
Two steps behind in the past
A fog of illusion beyond sanity
A spread of happiness beyond sorrow
Holding on to the edges of slipping smiles
Gripping today, oblivion of tomorrow
No margin for reasoning
No fencing to those dreams
So trapped in those delusions
Could not hear the reality scream
Only if I would have turned away
Only if would have hidden my tears
Only if I would have raised my walls
Only if I would have masked my fears
Failed attempt to perfect the act
Failed attempt to resurrect
So desperate was the urge to end the game
But.. yet I hit the zero again…

No second to waste, throw the dice
Two steps back in the castle of ice
Where burning pain is so intense that it turns numb
Slippery cold emotions,they skid,they succumb
Tenuous are the lanes, and directions gone astray
 Baffled ,wide eyed I stare in the darkness
Lost in this maze,trying to find my way
My soul is crashing down amidst commotions
Hopes are vanishing; prospects are fading away
Up above is the galaxy of reverie dreams
Yet shadows are dark, spread across the alley
Reflections of past yank me back
Trembling future wont let me step out
How many more dices do I need to throw?
When are we drawing the curtains to the show?
I am wincing with excruciating pain now
Every new move seems to pose yet another blow
Enough of this game, enough with the dice
I have lost it already, been battered hard
Nothing makes sense , nothing is sane
Me and my tears ,burning with pain
I just don’t want to play any more
Why to crush my soul?
Why to rake my brain?
When I know, I am born to loose
I know.. very proudly I will hit the zero again.



1 comment:

dhawal said...

after the 1st para till the mid of last para.... its is awesomely wriiten..!!!! moves like hell..!!!
and abt playing on and on.. thats what we have been doin.. coz thats how our life goes....
those who don't cope up are called dcowards..!!